It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to allthingsworktogetherforgood

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 14 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Fenland Weather , Whether Good Or Bad
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 am 
500 Club
500 Club

What have "Cats and dogs" got to do with anything, well if you are sitting comfortably then I'll begin....
When you are standing in the everlastingly long bus queue waiting to go home to your loved one who has promised that a very special meal will be on the table for you, and the wretched bus is as usual late and when it does finally arrive it's too full and you have to wait for the following one. Some one such as yourself quite innocently says "Raining again mate", the suffering soul in front says ****** or "Yes it most certainly is raining cats and dogs this evening"!

When you pick yourself up off the pavement you feel that perhaps it might have been more prudent to have said nothing just then but a smile would have sufficed!....

Well now tomorrow I might just have another "Weather Watchers "Gem" for you, so "Red sky at night shepherd's delight", gosh I bet you can't wait to find out what that is about !!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Fenland Weather , Whether Good Or Bad
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 am 
Hahahaha, love it Suian glad you are back from your roaming and off to a flying start.

Hope you do not mind Daisymae if I pin this topic as I am hoping Suian will continue to review the weather here for us.

Thank You Suian

:yes :aw :yes

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

:yes :yes Great idea FD and Suian. She definitely the master at these. This should be fun. Love the the "raining cats and dogs"

mgc

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 am 
500 Club
500 Club

Have you heard of "Red sky at night shepherds delight"?

Well My Mum used to often say this to me and do you know I haven't the faintest idea what on earth it's meant to be about, so here's a go at it.

Perhaps with a beautiful red sky in the evening the sheep would be calm and peaceful and maybe the shepherds could dream of tropical sunsets and laying on beaches soaking up the sun under the palm trees.

Or maybe the sheep see themselves as brightly coloured wooly mobile cardigans and if they graze the red looking grass they will be much more attractive to the ram who pops in to pay his visits to the wooly ladies any time soon.

Now as to the weather, well to delight the shepherds I would think it should be warm and balmy nearly as"Barmy" as certain authors !! No rain only fluffy clouds and in the morning blue skies overhead.

So what do you think happy weather watchers, will that do for now and who knows what tomorrow's forecast may be, I've heard of "A Peasouper", I wonder what that's all about ???.....

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 am 
Hahah, now I know was wandering what that was all about. please keep em comin.

Thank You Suian

:yes :yes :yes :cat :cat :yes :yes :yes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:18 am 
500 Club
500 Club

Peasoupers

Have you had your supper yet?...... Well imagine you are coming home from work on a freezing cold winter's evening in January, your loved one has lovingly prepared your hot food. One of your favourite eats is soup, especially with hot crispy home baked bread rolls ( I can almost smell that wonderful fresh baked bread aroma).

You turn the key in the lock and enter the delicious warmth of home, the scents of food are flowing everywhere and your mouth is watering!....... Well it's nothing to do with that at all, sorry !!

In those far off days of coal fires and industrial chimneys when no one thought or cared too much about pollution, a strange phenomenon happened. The air thickened and became foggy and total strangers began to speak to each other, "'Scuse me mate, dya know where the bus stop is ?" and the kindly soul might say "Let's ave a look together ", so off they would go groping their way along bumping into other groping people coughing and choking as they went, a real old "Peasouper".

Now if you hear some strange rasping, eerie sounds on a misty night in London, especially in the White chapel area beware !! It could be "Jack The Ripper" on the prowl, making his comeback !

As to the "Peasouper" well it's a sort of fog, so I'm told, now you are all wise to the fact what shall we investigate next on the "Fenland Weather" trail......

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 am 
500 Club
500 Club

Breaking News

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 am 
Hope you will not be gone for too long, we will miss you. I hope they have meteorological skills that are equal to yours.

Thank You Suian

:aw :lol :lol :lol :aw

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

:yes :yes Wow Suian you are coming up in the world. :lol :lol

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:52 am 
500 Club
500 Club

College Resume