It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to allthingsworktogetherforgood

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: DAILY DEVOTIONAL FROM MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

For November 9th

Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ. . . . — Colossians 1:24

The Christian worker has to be a sacramental "go-between," to be so identified with his Lord and the reality of His Redemption that He can continually bring His creating life through him. It is not the strength of one man’s personality being superimposed on another, but the real presence of Christ coming through the elements of the worker’s life. When we preach the historic facts of the life and death of Our Lord as they are conveyed in the New Testament, our words are made sacramental, God uses them on the ground of His Redemption to create in those who listen that which is not created otherwise. If we preach the effects of Redemption in human life instead of the revelation regarding Jesus, the result in those who listen is not new birth, but refined spiritual culture, and the Spirit of God cannot witness to it because such preaching is in another domain. We have to see that we are in such living sympathy with God that as we proclaim His truth He can create in souls the things which He alone can do.

What a wonderful personality! What a fascinating man! Such marvellous insight! What chance has the Gospel of God through all that? It cannot get through, because the line of attraction is always the line of appeal. If a man attracts by his personality, his appeal is along that line; if he is identified with his Lord’s personality, then the appeal is along the line of what Jesus Christ can do. The danger is to glory in men; Jesus says we are to lift Him up.

Post subject: Re: DAILY DEVOTIONAL FROM MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:29 am 
It is so true than mankind seems to wish to glorify itself and forgets to glorify God. Wise words but not always heard unfortunately.

Thank You God, Thank You Daisymae

:nodding: :nodding:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:27 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

I am trying to put these according to the current day. But there are some that are my favorite so I may mix them up a little I have to also admit that sometimes what he writes is even a little over my head. But then one day when I read it, it starts to make more sense. :-D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 am 
The Bible can have grey areas but if I pray for guidance I will find the answer, I think God wants us to study his word not just read it.
:Hi5: :Hi5:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

fdsauk wrote:
The Bible can have grey areas but if I pray for guidance I will find the answer, I think God wants us to study his word not just read it.

I completely agree with you FD. That is why I like Psalm 119. It is all about consuming God's Word.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:29 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

November 10

. . fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ . . . —1 Thessalonians 3:2

After sanctification, it is difficult to state what your purpose in life is, because God has moved you into His purpose through the Holy Spirit. He is using you now for His purposes throughout the world as He used His Son for the purpose of our salvation. If you seek great things for yourself, thinking, “God has called me for this and for that,” you barricade God from using you. As long as you maintain your own personal interests and ambitions, you cannot be completely aligned or identified with God’s interests. This can only be accomplished by giving up all of your personal plans once and for all, and by allowing God to take you directly into His purpose for the world. Your understanding of your ways must also be surrendered, because they are now the ways of the Lord.

I must learn that the purpose of my life belongs to God, not me. God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him. I should never say, “Lord, this causes me such heartache.” To talk that way makes me a stumbling block. When I stop telling God what I want, He can freely work His will in me without any hindrance. He can crush me, exalt me, or do anything else He chooses. He simply asks me to have absolute faith in Him and His goodness. Self-pity is of the devil, and if I wallow in it I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world. Doing this creates for me my own cozy “world within the world,” and God will not be allowed to move me from it because of my fear of being “frost-bitten.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 pm 
Harsh but true, re-learning to live under God's rules instead of man's. It is easy to make excuses for not doing things much harder to just get along and do what should be done. If we listen to the still small voice and not to the loud and rowdy we will learn and live so much better.

Thank You God, Thank You Daisymae.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

November 11

He said, ’Take now your son . . .’ —Genesis 22:2

God’s command is, “Take now,” not later. It is incredible how we debate! We know something is right, but we try to find excuses for not doing it immediately. If we are to climb to the height God reveals, it can never be done later— it must be done now. And the sacrifice must be worked through our will before we actually perform it.

“So Abraham rose early in the morning . . . and went to the place of which God had told him” (Genesis 22:3). Oh, the wonderful simplicity of Abraham! When God spoke, he did not “confer with flesh and blood” (Galatians 1:16). Beware when you want to “confer with flesh and blood” or even your own thoughts, insights, or understandings— anything that is not based on your personal relationship with God. These are all things that compete with and hinder obedience to God.

Abraham did not choose what the sacrifice would be. Always guard against self-chosen service for God. Self-sacrifice may be a disease that impairs your service. If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace; or even if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him. If the providential will of God means a hard and difficult time for you, go through it. But never decide the place of your own martyrdom, as if to say, “I will only go to there, but no farther.” God chose the test for Abraham, and Abraham neither delayed nor protested, but steadily obeyed. If you are not living in touch with God, it is easy to blame Him or pass judgment on Him. You must go through the trial before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because by going through the trial you learn to know God better. God is working in us to reach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 am 
I am confident God has a work for all of us, but mankind / life is so full of "OTHER" if I can do this, I have no need to do this etc... God did not say that following him would be easy, but the ultimate goal would be very sweet. I have watched Christians and non Christians, sometimes the are so alike sometimes so different. Surely this also proves God is in everyone and it just depends on the person to allow or disallow God in.

:think :think

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 am 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

November 12

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new —2 Corinthians 5:17

What understanding do you have of the salvation of your soul? The work of salvation means that in your real life things are dramatically changed. You no longer look at things in the same way. Your desires are new and the old things have lost their power to attract you. One of the tests for determining if the work of salvation in your life is genuine is— has God changed the things that really matter to you? If you still yearn for the old things, it is absurd to talk about being born from above— you are deceiving yourself. If you are born again, the Spirit of God makes the change very evident in your real life and thought. And when a crisis comes, you are the most amazed person on earth at the wonderful difference there is in you. There is no possibility of imagining that you did it. It is this complete and amazing change that is the very evidence that you are saved.

What difference has my salvation and sanctification made? For instance, can I stand in the light of 1 Corinthians 13 , or do I squirm and evade the issue? True salvation, worked out in me by the Holy Spirit, frees me completely. And as long as I “walk in the light as He is in the light” (1 John 1:7), God sees nothing to rebuke because His life is working itself into every detailed part of my being, not on the conscious level, but even deeper than my consciousness.

Page 1 of 5 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next