It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to allthingsworktogetherforgood

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: i dont understand it
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 pm 
Poster Senior
Poster Senior

call me a critic but I don't see or understand the subject really

we talk about all sort of things in life but this forum has made me think more about my inner self
so what is spiritual and what is just happy?

I like my candles but not all the time and I like to listen to music gently in the evening times but this can make me feel sad more than happy
so I don't know is it a inner feeling or is it something that my day at work or play that brings on the sadness?
I so enjoy life aswell as my employment but I have noticed just lately that I am grumpy and cant be bothered to do anything and found myself more stressed and can not sleep well at night
I tried tablets for this but they wreck my mood even more
I know there is know quick solution I just thought I would ask because I am concerned about myself not being in touch with the world
can I do anything to lift my mood
thanks for reading this

jay

Post subject: Re: i dont understand it
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

You are covering some deep areas Jason that can't all be answered in one night or one post or really by one person. And Spirituality is going to be answered differently by different people. For me it starts and ends with my relationship with God through Jesus Christ not religion. And the peace that passes all understand that I receive from Him. Some people get that peace from communing with nature. I think you find that peace and are at the same time looking for that peace in your quiet fishing. You said you love the peace and quiet that you find with fishing. I find God is more in the peace and quiet and I seek that out many times for my renewal. But I find that I can have that peace all the time by just knowing Him. You do have your own spirituality in the peace you find in your fishing. But it is way more then that. The last thing you want to do is make yourself anxious about finding spirituality. That isn't what it is all about. You probably need to go fishing. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 pm 
Poster Senior
Poster Senior

you are right about the fishing daisy I have had a couple of bad days at work
damn I failed the breathylser through a faulty machine
broke down twice and comforted the passengers reasonable well
one vehicle went up in flames all I did was start the damn thing

I have noticed that I fiddle with my engagement ring so much its making me think
I just don't know what it is am I anxious am I angry or perhaps just annoyed
I don't know but I do know I am thinking of this spirit stuff aswell as thinking of other things but I cant put the finger on it
my cats really bug me right now and I feel pestered all the time
nothing excites me and I cant be bothered to get the fishing stuff out and go through it

bloody hell I have never felt like this even when life was tough for me
I have everything on a plate now so why

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 pm 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

Quote:
you are right about the fishing daisy I have had a couple of bad days at work
damn I failed the breathylser through a faulty machine
broke down twice and comforted the passengers reasonable well
one vehicle went up in flames all I did was start the damn thing

All that is high stress Jason. Be easy on yourself. Over-thinking things is just going to make you more anxious. Sometimes what helps me is just staying in the moment. Of course I like to say God is in the moment, where are you Deb. I have to ask myself that occasionally. Sometimes all we have to do is JUST DO THE NEXT THING and bring yourself back to the moment when you feel yourself getting anxious. You don't have to make any major decisions this minute. All you have is what is right in front of you at this moment. :) It is not in the having or the not having the peace is in the letting go of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:44 pm 
General Poster
General Poster

Listen to daisymae... she's talking sense...

Something I used to be able to do was talk my worries over with my late partner.... now I'm reduced to writing them down.... that in itself is quite cathartic - I'm recognising the concerns .... but once I've got them down on paper, they don't look quite so daunting.... and the best part is, I can then scrunch them up and put them on the fire....

Works for me....

Something else that works for me is meditation.... Light a single candle, and stare into the flame, don't take your eyes off it. The next bit is the hard part .... emptying your mind. When I started doing this, my thoughts were racing through my brain, until I learned the trick of saying to myself as each new thought popped up, I know you're there, but I'm not ready to deal with you yet.... It took a few weeks, but I was soon a dab hand at being empty-headed.... LOL. You've no idea just how refreshed I feel after doing this...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:09 pm 
Poster Senior
Poster Senior

hey thanks ladies it does help when I have a forum like this
you know away from it all and open up to how you feel
I like sandras idea of the candle and just look at it but then I might well get kate saying"whats up" and interrupting my release so I don't see that going anywhere or perhaps I could inform her what i am doing and book the quack first

kate loves my bones so I might try it
its awkward to bring up a conversation over dinner about how you feel (I want her to eat it )
and also embarrassing although kate does often tell me I am highly strung it is a conversation we avoid due to the fact I don't agree and kate then gets on my nerves(not healthy)

I love kate but right now I don't love myself
cool no quick fix and I don't do god so I am naff then
I need something what I don't know

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:13 pm 
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

jason wrote:
hey thanks ladies it does help when I have a forum like this
you know away from it all and open up to how you feel
I like sandras idea of the candle and just look at it but then I might well get kate saying"whats up" and interrupting my release so I don't see that going anywhere or perhaps I could inform her what i am doing and book the quack first

kate loves my bones so I might try it
its awkward to bring up a conversation over dinner about how you feel (I want her to eat it )
and also embarrassing although kate does often tell me I am highly strung it is a conversation we avoid due to the fact I don't agree and kate then gets on my nerves(not healthy)

I love kate but right now I don't love myself
cool no quick fix and I don't do god so I am naff then
I need something what I don't know

There were on occasions when I would just take off by myself. Just take a drive to a park or or quiet street or a lake and just be quiet. I would hope Kate would understand your need to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:25 pm 
General Poster
General Poster

Jay, I hate to burst your bubble, but until you can learn to love yourself, you are emotionally incapable of loving anyone else .... We're ego-orientated animals....it's the nature of the beast...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm 
Poster Senior
Poster Senior

yep i hear you sandra i do love myself and can generally cheer myself up but right now i give up.
but today was productive and i shed a few tears out of frustration on my video its like i used to be able to do allsorts of stuff but the world has left me behind with certain things
i hope that now i have had advice from different forums including this one i can find the get up and go
ask my kate she will tell you i am the funniest old fart on the planet when in good health and shape
im getting there with lots of things but i had a thought earlier that perhaps i am taking on to much at one time

last year i got attacked my a customer and havent really got my head round it yet perhaps that is where the anxiety comes from
cant go to the doc as i fear they will force the pills on me then i couldnt do my job
also being a union rep is easy if i want it to be but i have to stand my ground

i dont know i will have to take it a day at a time but i also dont want to bug you guys
i hate :D :( :D :( :D :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm 
General Poster
General Poster

Hey, no probs... any time you need to sound off .... post it or pm me....

Page 1 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next